Location:978 County Route 401, Westerlo,
New York 12193
Phone: (518) 797-3511
Open from April through November on the first Saturday of the month from 9 AM -11 AM. Other hours by appointment.
Museum Board meets the second Thursday of each month at the Town Hall 933 CR 401, Westerlo, NY at 7PM.
- The Museum will not be open on Saturday, April 1, 2017. It will be open instead on Saturday, April 8, 2017.
- The Westerlo Heritage Museum will hold the Westerlo Townwide Garage Sale on Saturday, June 10, 2017 starting at 8:30 AM registration application forms are coming soon.
Interim Director/Curator: Mary – Jane Araldi
Board of Trustees Members:
- Elaine Nevins – term 2/14/17 - 12/31/21
- Catherine Latham – term through 12/31/17
- Jerald Figel – term through 12/31/18
- Diane Figel – term through 12/31/18
- Ronald Bryan – term through 12/31/18
- Alicia Malanga – term through 12/31/17
The Westerlo Heritage Museum was established at the Westerlo Public Library in 1993.
In 2014 it moved to its new home at the historic Percy House. The Musem’s grand opening was held on September 26, 2015 during the town’s bicentennial celebration. The site of the Philip Myers homestead, the Percy House is believed to be the oldest structure in Westerlo.
Artifacts, documents and photographs are exhibited throughout the building to tell the story of the town’s history. Among the collections on display are the old post office slots, an original uniform from the coronet band, and a funeral dress from the early 1900s.